“We were and continue to be extremely pleased with [Tabitha’s] level of knowledge on all things ESOP’s, but more than that is her practical way of dealing with clients in a way that is understandable and meets the outlined goals.”
- Derrick Vick, CFO at Freedom Industries, Inc.
I help my clients assess, consider, and navigate the utility of an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) as an ownership succession and employee incentive strategy. For companies that have already implemented an ESOP, I provide counsel and guidance for ongoing compliance of the ESOP as a qualified retirement plan and with any related fiduciary or corporate governance concerns, including US Department of Labor and Internal Revenue Service audits and any voluntary correction submissions that may be applicable.
My clients include business owners and companies considering an ESOP, companies that have already implemented an ESOP, individual selling shareholders, banks, and internal and external (individual and institutional) ESOP trustees. I have advised clients in ESOP transactions ranging from under a million dollars to over four hundred million dollars.
I frequently speak at ESOP conferences nationwide and present regularly on how ESOPs can be an effective and tax efficient exit or transition planning solution for owners of privately held businesses.
I strongly believe that employee ownership through an ESOP can be extremely motivating for employees in a structure that maintains good jobs in local communities while serving as an ownership transition and liquidity strategy for privately held business owners.
When I’m not counseling clients on a myriad of ESOP related matters, my other job is as a mother of two young girls who keep me busy with their love of animals, sports, and musical activities. I also enjoy travel and meeting new people in new towns all over the United States.
- Served as counsel to retail company in multimillion dollar sale of founder’s stock to a newly established employee stock ownership plan.
- Served as counsel to Trust Company serving as a trustee of an ESOP that acquired 100% of the company’s shares to become an ESOP owned company.
- Served as counsel to a 100% ESOP owned manufacturing company that sold to a third party buyer.
- Served as counsel to internal trustees considering the purchase of shares from an shareholder in a multimillion dollar purchase.
Get in touch
- "Board of Directors & Trustees' Roles in ESOP Companies," Las Vegas TEA Conference & Tradeshow, Las Vegas, NV, November 10-11, 2016
- "Is an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) Right for You?" Bay Colony Park, Waltham, MA, October 25, 2016
- "Employee Stock Ownership Plans: What Paralegals Need to Know," NFPA Annual Convention & Policy Meeting, Burlington, VT, October 20-23, 2016
- "Assessing ESOP Feasibility," NCEO: Is AN ESOP Right For You?, Providence, RI, October 19-20, 2016
- "Internal Trustee Review of the Annual Valuation Report," 2016 ESOP NE Chapter Annual Fall Conference, S. Portland, ME, October 6-7, 2016
- "Ownership Transition: Is An Employee Stock Ownership Plan Right For You?" Governor Hill Mansion, Augusta, ME, October 5, 2016