Attorney Nick Holmes to Co-Chair Annual ABA Forum on Construction Law
The program – “A Capital View: Best Practices in Inside and Outside Construction Counseling” – will focus on the hurdles facing attorneys advising clients in the construction industry. The program will present the viewpoints of both in-house and outside counsel on a variety of cutting-edge topics including:
- Recognizing, avoiding, and responding to cyber security risks that can cripple a company;
- Critical insights into the changing role of insurance for construction projects;
- Key ethical considerations to ensure communications between in-house counsel and business decision-makers are protected during discovery;
- Managing complex litigation and leveraging recent rule changes to help control the cost of litigation;
- Public sector contracting trends to meet a new boom in infrastructure projects;
- A leading economist and a futurist describe economic indicators and emerging frontiers in the construction industry;
- Best practices in discovery management; and
- Crafting realistic and useful litigation budgets
The Forum on Construction Law is the largest organization of Construction lawyers in the United States, and indeed in the world. The Forum’s roughly 6,000 Members and Associates are drawn from all types of construction practice – law firms large and small, in-house and government counsel, as well as construction professionals and the public sector. Forum members represent all segments of the construction industry: owners, developers, design professionals, contractors, subcontractors, suppliers, construction managers, lenders, insurers, and sureties.
Nick Holmes is a member of the firm's Construction Team, helping businesses and individuals with complex commercial cases.
Learn more about Nick >>