<< Back to Healthcare
Our physician practice lawyers help physicians, dentists, nurses, allied health professionals, and other health care providers navigate the complex healthcare legal landscape, at both the individual and group practice level. Our breadth of experience allows us to assist practitioners in a range of disciplines across the spectrum of legal challenges posed by their industry.
A sampling of the types of matters with which we can assist our individual provider and healthcare practice clients includes:
- Business Formation including choice of entity, organizational structure and tax planning efficiencies.
- Contract negotiations and drafting including shareholder agreements, buy-sell agreements, employment agreements and physician/hospital contracts.
- Business Planning and Estate Planning for primary care and specialty practice physicians and group practices, including risk assessment and planning, drafting wills, trusts and advance directives, transferring assets for both asset protection purposes and federal and state tax efficiencies.
- Retirement Planning, including employee benefit plans, deferred compensation plans, 401 (k) plans, cafeteria plans and other pension and profit sharing ERISA plans.
- Non-compete agreements, anti-solicitation agreements, confidentiality agreements other restrictive covenant agreements.
- Stark, Anti-Kickback provisions, HIPAA and other regulatory compliance.
- Risk Management and Quality Assurance Programs.
- Professional Policy and By-Law development.
- Professional Liability and medical malpractice defense and primary and excess counsel representation.
- Representation in administrative investigations and disciplinary proceedings before State licensing boards.