I am a civil trial attorney representing companies and individuals as plaintiffs or defendants. Most of the cases I handle are business disputes about contract obligations, property rights, or commercial transactions, which might be heard in any trial court in New Hampshire, both at the state and federal level. When I’m not in court, I work closely with clients, guiding them through the litigation process, and just as frequently, counseling them on how to avoid litigation.
Many of the clients I represent are in the technology, manufacturing, financial, retail, and construction industries. Their cases typically involve contracts, copyrights and trademarks, trade secrets, non-competition covenants, and warranties. I also handle litigation involving commercial transactions, unfair competition, and consumer protection.
In one case, I obtained a verdict in favor of a telephone service provider in a jury trial that involved claims of breach of contract as well as unfair trade and debt collection practices. In another, a large manufacturing client protected its registered trademarks from infringement by another multinational corporation that intended to sell goods under a confusingly similar name. I also helped an internet-based client avoid a federal lawsuit threatened by an accusation of using pirated software.
At home, I serve as the head cook and dishwasher for my wife and two young children. In my free time, you’ll find me running, biking, and skiing, and I love craft-brewed beer. I am a director and vice president for the Boys and Girls Club of Greater Nashua.
- Action to protect trade secret and confidential information from use by competitor
- Action defending manufacturer against warranty and misrepresentation claims arising out of sale of semiconductors
- Patent action to enforce owner's rights involving novel invention in field of residential fire sprinkler systems
- Action defending service provider against claims for violation of consumer protection act and breach of contract
- Copyright action to enforce owner's rights in architectural design under Architectural Works Copyright Protection Act
- Construction action to defend contractor against allegations of defective work and warranty breach
- Contract action to enforce landlord rights under commercial lease to evict tenant from high value commercial property
- Creditor action to pursue defaulting debtor for six-figure payment obligation and unwind fraudulent transfer of assets
- Minority shareholder action to recover damages arising from management breach of fiduciary duty
- "Managing Risks Associated with New Hampshire Construction Projects," Co-author, Awareness In Action: The Journal Of New Hampshire Public Risk Management, Issue # 4, 2006
- "The Role of International Human Rights and the Law of Diplomatic Protection In Resolving Zimbabwe's Land Crisis," Boston College Int'l & Comp Law Review, Winter 2004
- "International Law and the Ramifications of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002," Boston College Int'l & Comp Law Review, Spring 2004
- "Civil Trial Case Presentation in Federal Court," National Business Institute, June 11, 2015
- "Representing Your Client in Federal Court," National Business Institute, June 27, 2014
Get in touch
- Boys and Girls Club of Greater Nashua, Board Member.