ABA Forum: A Capital View- Best Practices in Inside and Outside Construction Counseling
The Forum is returning to Washington, D.C. in April for our Annual Meeting. And you should join us! As much as the Construction Industry has undergone changes in the last decade, the changes impacting the delivery of legal services have never been more challenging. Our program – “A Capital View: Best Practices in Inside and Outside Construction Counseling” – will focus on the hurdles facing all of us advising clients in the construction industry. Both inside and outside counsel will gain insights into industry trends, interesting legal analysis, and practical takeaways. This meeting should not be missed by anyone looking to up their game in construction counseling. With special focus on a shifting industry and a changing economy, this program will present the viewpoints in-house and outside counsel on a variety of cutting-edge topics including:
- Recognizing and responding to cyber security risk
- Navigating employment risks;
- Leveraging recent rule changes to help control the cost of litigation;
- Managing complex litigation to reduce costs without sacrificing quality;
- Insights into the changing role of insurance for construction projects; and,
- Key ethical considerations to ensure you are protecting privileged communications between in-house counsel and business decision-makers.
Our panelists include more than a dozen in-house and government counsel from around the country. But it doesn’t stop there. Two judges, a nationally recognized consultant who advises the legal industry, a leading construction economist and a noted “futurist” on construction trends will round out this outstanding program.
Be prepared for skilled insight on everything from the challenges faced by in-house counsel when they need to engage outside counsel services, to leading economic indicators in the construction industry, to what the future projects will look like for owners, developers and contractors. Your clients will want you at this program!
Press Release: Nick Holmes to co-chair the Annual AMA Forum on Construction Law