Managing Difficult Employees: From Hiring to Firing and Everything in Between
Employees are our greatest asset. Having clear goals and expectations is essential in managing employee job performance, but what happens when things don’t go as planned? This live seminar will review how to manage poor job performance and support your employees while at the same time protecting your business. You will leave with materials that will be useful for future questions as they arise.
Topics covered will include:
• Hiring to avoid miscommunication about job expectations;
• Examining federal and state laws impacting employee discipline issues;
• Learning best practices in documentation of employee misconduct;
• Developing a fair approach to determining if discipline is appropriate;
• Obtaining discipline and discharge checklists;
• Identifying distinctions between "at-will" and "for cause;" and
• Exploring benefits of separation agreements and releases.
We have designed this as an interactive program, so please bring your questions!
Who should attend?
Owners, HR Professionals and other individuals with positions responsible for managing staff and HR practices
Peg O’Brien, Esq. Chair, Employment Practice Group, Devine, Millimet & Branch, PA, Manchester, NH
Anne Scheer, Esq., Employment Practice Group, Devine, Millimet & Branch, PA, Concord, NH
Donald L. Smith, Esq., Employment Practice Group, Devine, Millimet & Branch, Manchester, NH