Devine Millimet’s trial lawyers are renowned for their excellence in and out of the courtroom. Our trial lawyers reflect the highest levels of dispute resolution skill and professionalism, building on the proud tradition of our predecessors at the firm, many of whom have been asked to serve in the state and federal judiciary upon leaving private practice.
We represent plaintiffs and defendants in trial courts throughout New England and elsewhere in cases involving a full spectrum of personal and business issues. We also handle arbitration and mediation and other forms of alternative dispute resolution, and our lawyers are experienced appellate advocates, as well. We appear regularly before state and federal appellate courts and have argued before the United States Supreme Court.
Devine Millimet's success over the past 70 years can be attributed to the combination of a practical and reasonable sensibility together with a high degree of training and diligence; we are as prepared for the courtroom as we are for complex settlement negotiations. We pride ourselves on effective strategies, thorough preparation and, perhaps most importantly, understanding the client’s goals and objectives.
With one of the largest litigation teams north of Boston, we stand ready to bring cases to trial, and believe that our experience in the courtroom can often help bring cases to a successful conclusion before trial begins.
Our litigation attorneys participate in all of the Inns of Courts programs in the state of New Hampshire. Many are recognized as Best Lawyers, Super Lawyers, and Super Lawyer "Rising Stars" by national attorney ranking organizations and peers. Our Litigation Department is also highly ranked by Chambers and Benchmark Litigation, and listed in A.M. Best's Directories of Recommended Insurance Attorneys.
- Obtained the largest jury verdict in an eminent domain case in New Hampshire history on behalf of a landowner.
- Obtained some of the largest plaintiff’s verdicts ever obtained in New Hampshire on behalf of severely injured plaintiffs.
- Regularly represent individuals in divorce, child custody, and support cases.
- Successfully handled some of the largest probate and wealth transfer matters in the history of the state.
- Successfully handled nurmerous cases involving corporate governance disputes, partnership disputes, and other matters involving business ownership.