For more than fifteen years I have represented attorneys, architects, engineers, surveyors, real estate professionals, and independent insurance claims adjusters on litigation, professional responsibility, and risk management matters. I have also worked extensively on construction claims and mechanics’ lien matters.
In my role as a counselor, I have advised design professionals and technology businesses on contracts, risk management, policy development, and regulatory matters. My practice has been diverse over my 23-year career, including First Amendment issues, environmental, white collar criminal defense, personal injury, employment, premises liability, and a host of other issues.
I am admitted to practice in New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Maine and Connecticut, and have litigated cases in each of these states. I have been fortunate to litigate cases in Vermont, Illinois, Kansas, Iowa, Wisconsin, and the United Kingdom.
I have published several articles and have presented numerous seminars to lawyers, engineers, and contractors on drones, contract law, risk management, professional liability and ethics, and other topics. I am a member of the New Hampshire Bar Association Ethics Committee, the Legal Counsel Forum of the American Council of Engineering Companies, the American Bar Association Center for Professional Responsibility, the Claims and Litigation Management Alliance, and the Charles C. Doe Inn of the American Inns of Court.
While I enjoy traveling and serving my client’s diverse interests within the region and around the world, I inherited from my parents a deep sense of responsibility to my local community. I have held, and continue to hold, several elected and appointed leadership positions in my community.
- Stantec Consulting Services, Inc.
- Retail Control Systems, Inc.
- Doucet Survey, Inc.
- Liberty International Underwriters, Inc.
- University System of New Hampshire
- “Legal Ethics: Top Challenges,” National Business Institute, June 21 & 22, 2016
- "Drone Law: New Challenges, New Opportunities," NH Bar Association, December 2, 2015
- “Legal Ethics: Top Mistakes that Lead to Malpractice,” presented June 18, 2015.
- “New Hampshire Engineering Law and Ethics,” presented September 17, 2014.
- “Mechanics Liens in New Hampshire,” presented on July 10, 2014.
- “Legal Ethics: Top Challenges,” presented on June 13, 2014.
- “Legal Ethics: Hot Topics and Current Events,” presented June 14, 2013.
- “Fundamentals of Construction Contracts,” presented April 27, 2011.
- “AIA Contracts: AIA Document B141-1997 – the Owner/Architect Agreement,” presented May 25, 2005.
- "The Opportunities and Challenges of Drones," NH Business Review, August 13, 2015
- “The Statute of Limitations in Professional Negligence: Discovery, Fraudulent Concealment, and the Continuous Representation Rule,” submitted for publication in the New Hampshire Bar Journal, 2015.
- “The Case within the Case: Examining How New Hampshire Courts Approach the Trial of a Legal Malpractice Claim,” New Hampshire Bar Journal, April 2012, with John C. Kissinger, Esq. and Samantha Lincoln., Esq.
- “Consumer Protection Act Applied to Abusive Litigation Tactics,” New Hampshire Bar News, April 15, 2015, with Paul J. Bauer, Esq.
- “Does your Professional Liability Policy Cover Security Breaches?,” New Hampshire Bar News, August 20, 2014.
- “ABA Opinion on Online Juror Research Stricter than NH Opinion,” New Hampshire Bar News, July 16, 2014.
- “A Fresh Look at Mary Carter Agreements,” New Hampshire Bar News, January 2014.
- “Important Changes to Federal Court Jurisdiction and Venue,” New Hampshire Bar News, April 13, 2012, with Laurie R. Bishop, Esq.
- “The Uncertain Status of Offers of Judgment Under New Hampshire Law May Hinder Settlement of Cases," New Hampshire Bar News, March 16, 2012, with Robert M. Fojo, Esq.
- Chapter in Michael R. Callahan, Construction Change Order Claims (2d ed. 2005).
Get in touch
- Professional Liability Defense Federation, member, current
- Newmarket Town Moderator and School District Moderator, 2014 – present
- Chair, Newmarket Zoning Board of Adjustment, 2011 – present
- Volunteer of the Year, Seacoast United Soccer Club, 2010.
- Chair, Newmarket School Board, 2006-2007; member 2004-2006
- Chair, Newmarket Recreation Master Plan Committee, 2003-2004
- Secretary, Newmarket Charter Commission, 2003-2004 and 2013-2014
- Founding Member, Newmarket Veteran’s Memorial Trust, 2003.
- Vice-Chair, Newmarket Town Council, 2001-2003; member 2000-2001.
- Chair, Newmarket Tomorrow Committee, 2000-2001.