Over the years, the attorneys on our Startup Team have assisted hundreds of business owners in launching their new businesses. We are pleased to offer our counsel and guidance to get your business up and running the right way.
The Startup Team knows that new businesses are the engine that drives our local and regional economy and we are committed to fostering the continued growth of startup companies in New Hampshire. We also understand that every dollar is important in successfully starting a new venture. Accordingly, we have developed the Business Launch Initiative to provide entrepreneurs with limited legal representation at no fee1 for the purpose of forming a new corporation or limited liability company (LLC) in New Hampshire. The no-cost services include a one- hour consultation with an attorney on our Startup Team as well as the preparation and filing (as necessary) of the following legal documents2:
- Articles of incorporation or certificate of formation
- Bylaws or operating agreement
- Organizational consent resolutions
- Application for employer identification number
- Stock certificates or membership unit certificates
You will also be automatically enrolled in our electronic mailing lists and will receive access to our expansive referral network, which includes accountants, bankers, and insurance professionals.
Participation in the Business Launch Initiative is subject to the following terms and conditions:
- The entity to be formed must be a New Hampshire corporation or LLC with no more than five (5) owners.
- The entity must be an operating business -- not a holding company for real estate, a professional consulting firm, or other passive ownership.
- You must demonstrate your intent to grow your business and hire employees.
- The business must be newly started or have been previously operated as a sole proprietorship or partnership. This program is not available for entity conversions, mergers or business combinations.
- Owners must complete the appropriate new entity questionnaire and pay all filing fees and any out-of-pocket costs for formation of the entity prior to work commencing.
- An engagement letter must be signed and returned to the firm prior to work commencing. Representation is subject to our firm's conflict of interest verification procedures.
We encourage you to contact us with any follow up or additional questions you may have.
Click here to register for our small business guide: An Entrepreneur's Guide to Starting a Business in New Hampshire. We can be reached by emailing us at: StartupTeam@DevineMillimet.com or by contacting any of the attorneys on our Startup team.
We look forward to working with you!
The Devine Millimet Startup Team
1 Client is responsible for all out-of-pocket costs associated with any filing.
2 Additional legal services beyond business formation, if requested, will be billed at our firm's regular hourly rates as further set forth in the engagement letter.
Business Launch Worksheets
Establishing a New Hampshire Limited Liability Company (LLC) Questionnaire
Establishing a New Hampshire Corporation Questionnaire
Email the Startup Team to receive An Entrepreneur's Guide to Starting a Business in New Hampshire.