I help business owners navigate the sometimes unchartered waters of business ownership and succession planning. As co-founder of our firm’s Startup Team, I assist entrepreneurs with structuring their business entity (drafting and negotiating governing documents) and then taking the company through its growth phase (hiring employees, protecting intellectual property, implementing equity incentive plans for executives and owners, assisting with and positioning the company for institutional financing, private security offerings, and strategic acquisitions). I also serve as vice chair of our firm's Mergers & Acquisitions Team and help companies achieve their goals through successful exit planning whether that event involves bringing in the next generation of business owners, selling to a key management team or going out to market for a third-party sale transaction to a financial or strategic buyer.
Our clients represent every industry and are generally closely-held companies of all sizes as well as their owners and investors. Most of my time is spent on merger and acquisition transactions where I enjoy working with clients to guide them through the sale process. My experience in this area ranges from assisting a client with purchasing a startup company to selling a $500M technology business. Our goals at Devine Millimet are to understand fully the details of our clients’ businesses, to provide practical solutions to challenging legal issues and to help our clients achieve their business and personal objectives in a timely and cost-effective manner.
I live with my family on a small lake in southern New Hampshire which abuts conservation land. We moved there because of our love for the outdoors and the calming qualities of nature. On weekends – and depending on the season – you will find me trail running with my dogs, Chloe and Buddy, cycling (both mountain and road), ice skating, snowshoeing, cross country skiing, paddle boarding, kayaking, or simply walking through the woods hoping to spot wild animals.
- The sale of a major defense contractor to a publicly-traded leading provider of high technology products and systems.
- The sale of a division of an ESOP-owned international textile manufacturing and processing company.
- The sale of a majority ownership interest in an equipment leasing and financing company based on an enterprise value of $115 million to a publicly-traded private equity firm.
- The sale of a New Hampshire-based auto parts distributor with twelve locations to a regional auto parts distributor.
- The sale of a regional oil distribution company and its over thirty retail locations to a New England-based petroleum marketing distribution company.
- The sale of the largest regional distributor of beauty supply products to a publicly-traded professional beauty product manufacturer and distributor.
- The acquisition of a New Hampshire-based candle manufacturer by a private equity firm.
- Contributing Author, "Corporation Law: New Hampshire' a Q&A Guide to Corporation Law in New Hampshire," Practical Law Company, 2012
- Author, "What a Difference Three Little Letters Make," Business NH Magazine, October 2011.
- Author, "Ask the Expert: Proactively Protect Confidential Information," Union Leader, October 3, 2011
- Author, "Beyond the Idea: Setting Up Your New Business in New Hampshire,"New Hampshire Business Review, August 12-15, 2011
- Author, "Letter of Intent — The First Step in Buying or Selling a Business" New Hampshire Society of Certified Public Accountants Connection Newsletter, January 2010
- Author, "Dissolving Your Closely Held Business" New Hampshire Society of Certified Public Accountants Connection Newsletter November/December 2006, January 2007
- Author, "The Buy/Sell Agreement" New Hampshire Society of Certified Public Accountants Connection Newsletter July/August/September 2005
- Author, "What is Your First Step in Buying or Selling a Business?" Applaud Magazine Fall/Winter 2004
- Contributing author of November 7, 2003 CLE seminar materials entitled, "Selected Issues Raised by Revised Article 9"
- Contributing author of "Maine, New Hampshire, Rhode Island and Vermont Limited Liability Company Forms and Practice Manual" (update, 2002)
- "Buying and Selling a Business," New Hampshire Bar Association, May 30, 2016
- “Your Client’s Business: Keep It or Sell It,” Devine Millimet, May 13, 2016
- "Effective Succession Planning and Transitions," Meeting of the Minds Workshop, March 3, 2016
- "Veteran's Business Work-Up: Deploy Your Business for Growth," Center for Women's Business Advancement, SNHU, November 4, 2015
- "Employment Law Issues During a Merger & Acquisition Transaction," New Hampshire Bar Association, June 10, 2015
- "How to Start a Business in New Hampshire," Small Business Development Center/Manchester Community College, January 21, 2015
- "Best Practices for a Company with Growth Plans," Enterprise Center at Plymouth, January 20, 2015
- "XPX Panel: Due Diligence Disasters: How You Can Save Your Clients From Themselves," panelist, July 16, 2014
- "The Legal Ins and Outs of Conducting Business in New Hampshire," Seacoast Women's Network, April 8, 2014
- "The Nuts and Bolts of Buying and Selling New Hampshire Businesses," New Hampshire Society of CPAs, May 28, 2013
- "Mergers & Acquisitions: Buying and Selling a Business," New Hampshire Bar Association, May 10, 2012
Angela frequently presents seminars geared toward startup companies, including several presentations for the Enterprise Center at Plymouth, New Hampshire's Pathways to Work Program, the Small Business Development Center, White Mountains Community College, Alpha Loft, and various informal business groups. She also lectures to established businesses on topics ranging from protection of confidential information to keys to successfully negotiating business transactions.
Get in touch
- Alpha Loft, Member, Board of Directors and Business Support Committee (2010 - 2014)
- New Hampshire Catholic Charities, 2011 Mardi Gras fundraiser committee
- American Heart Association, 2010 Heart Ball Chairperson, 2011 Go Red for Women
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Greater Manchester, Board of Directors (2006-2008)
- Leadership Greater Manchester, Class of 2006
- Manchester Rotary, Member
- Henniker Planning Board, Member (2005)